Sunday, November 16, 2008

Today.....

Today, one of my very best friends lost her only daughter. Anna was 16 years old and had a history of seizures.
This morning, her last seizure stopped her heart, and the doctors couldn't get it started again.
Anna was a beautiful, loving, and very soft hearted young lady. She never held a grudge, no matter how many times you could have wronged her, but she would definitely tell you about it first!
I've heard it said that young kids make very good judge of characters, and the babies LOVED her!! My 3 year old was one of them. Anna hung the sun, moon, and stars as far as Faith was concerned. Never in my life had I heard of a 16 year old spending the night with a 3 year old without being paid to babysit, but that was Anna. I remember hearing them whisper, way past your average 3 year old's bedtime, like somewhere in time their 2 ages had met in the middle and they were best friends talking about there day or what they were going to do in the morning. I always got to sleep in when Anna was over because she got up with Faith. They would sit and watch cartoons and eat their cereal or toast or whatever it was the Faith talked Anna into having.
Even when Faith was in one of her moods, Anna could always make her laugh and smile. She could do that with almost any of the kids I saw her with. And if she couldn't make them happy she would love on them until they felt better. She would always ask Faith, "what's your problem?" in a funny voice,and poke fingers at her belly until Faith burst into laughter, and it became a joke that they would laugh about for ever. EVERY Friday night after life group Anna and Faith would scheme together how they were going to talk Rachael and I into letting Anna stay the night. Most of the time it was with a fair trade that Rachael would take Gabriel and I would keep Anna. Girls against boys, that's how the game was played, but everyone was happy with the out come.
Even if someone didn't know Anna, they knew of her. She had a hop it her step and the happiness that resonated from her could not be ignored. She was so animated and she wore her heart on her sleeve. A lot of people were affected by Anna, and she will be greatly missed by every single one of them!! I am one at the top of that list!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful. You hit the nail on the head. I have been thinking about how when I would go to their house how Anna was the one to meet me at my car and help with Allie and Ashlynn. I never asked for her help, she just did it. Then, Allie always running up to her, arms open, yelling her name and with a big smile when we got out of the car. It is the little things that are going to be missed.

mariegodines said...

Shanna,

You are exactly right about Anna. She loved always and she loved great and big. In youth she stood up front rejoicing and worshiping with a beautiful love for God. I would look over behind her and smile as she worshiped the way she did. She loved God and she loved all. I too posted her pictures of when she stayed over for a girls night and from camp. I also posted a song that she loved to worship too in Youth. This is a song we sang at camp and I have dedicated it to her because everytime we heard the song at camp, we would be right up front at that stage sharing a love for God. She will be missed. We will truly miss her smile and the special friend she was to so many.

http://mariegodines.blogspot.com/

The Vintage Modern Bride said...

that was a really great post...but you forgot to mention one thing...she loved attacking everyone in the pool when we were trying to take the water guns from the guys! she was such a goober and so silly and i loved her for being her crazy self. she definitely made me laugh with all her stories and yes, she was always incredibly helpful. its already so weird without anna...